Then you will know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.
John 8:32
You may ask why I chose to title this blog "Truth Investigator". First I would say my first few options were taken already and I was running out of ideas. I wanted to use the passage above as a guide and maybe title the blog "seeking the truth" or something similar, but all URLs were used. So, I had to settle on something similar, yet different. Then I looked at the definition of "investigation. look what I found...
Investigation:
A systematic or formal inquiry or examination of the facts to establish the truth.
Notice that part in bold text. "to establish the truth". That is my goal for this blog. I will be examining the facts, the texts, the evidences for what I believe, especially that which partains to my religious beliefs. This blog will be for my religious "musings" as a friend put it. This will be my place to present the evidence I have to support my understandings, and to hopefully discuss that evidence with you all, my readers, in an ongoing pursuit of the truth.
But what truth, Josh? well, mostly I would like to discuss the truth of the Gospel...that which is related to Jesus, and what I believe is the pathway to eternal salvation thru following Christs example. I will be making arguments for what I understand to be doctrine and what I believe is tradition, and I might even go into why I believe some have accepted tradition AS doctrine. I also will have other posts thruout this ongoing investigation of the gospel truth that deal with how I understand that we should conduct ourselves...in relationship with this world, our relationship with each other...even with those we do not agree with. I believe that it is very clear that the two greatest commandments are to love God and to love our neighbor, and so I believe we are to conduct ourselves in a manner becoming of love...but more on that later...
I will begin this blog by giving you a short break down of where I am coming from religiously. How I was raised, how I have reacted to lifes twists and turns, and how I have now come to regard my christianity as the single most important aspect of my life. I hope you all enjoy this blog. I hope we can discuss things together in a loving manner so that we can grow in truth and come together as citizens of the Kingdom of God. I pray that you feel comfortable commenting on my posts, even if you think I might not agree with you....that is how, I believe, we grow to find the truth. Thank you for reading, and may God bless you all.
|
Great start, Josh. Always remember, as Gary has preached these past 33 years, that every position/belief is open to challenge as the search for TRUTH progresses. I eagerly look forward to your writing.
ReplyDeleteCrime Scene Investigation Laboratory
ReplyDeleteCrime Scene Investigation LAB
Crime Scene Investigation LAB
Crime Scene Investigation LAB
Crime Scene Investigation LAB
Crime Scene Investigation LAB
Crime Scene Investigation LAB